Insurance Recommendations for Ridesharing Operators
(Redirected from What type of insurance do I need to have when I drive using RideConnect?)
RideConnect does not offer rideshare services. RideConnect enables users to create their own rideshares for their own customers. RideConnect does not employ any drivers, nor does it provide any vehicles or transportation to its users.
- It is the responsibility of drivers to carry enough insurance.
- Different states have different providers for rideshare insurance. Ask your agent what constitutes ridesharing; in general, if there is a transaction of money it would need such insurance.
- Rideshare insurance is an endorsement that costs anything between $15 - $30 per month depending on your driving history and parameters that your insurance agent can better explain.
- This extra monthly premium gives you higher coverage than personal insurance levels and protects you from insurance fraud.
What kind of insurance do drivers need?
Note: The information below has been summarized from this article.
Even if it’s legal for you to become a rideshare driver, your auto insurer might not like it. Unless you buy a special policy, your insurance company is unlikely to cover any expenses arising from accidents that occur when you’re driving for any ride sharing service/app. Your insurer could even cancel your personal policy if it finds out you haven’t disclosed you work as a driver for one of the ridesharing services.
However, a growing number of companies are now offering ridesharing insurance programs.
Note: This information has been summarized from this article.
- Erie Insurance
- Coverage sold in DC, IL, IN, KY, MD, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WI
- Farmers Insurance
- Coverage sold in AZ, AR, CA, CO, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MD, MI, MN, MT, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, TN, TX, UT, WI
- Coverage sold in AL, AZ, CT, CO, DE, DC, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, ME, MD, MN, MS, MO, NE, NM, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WI, WY
|Download RideConnect and see how it can benefit you||Tweet this page|